Now with the release of Zend Studio 10 which will let PHP developers to build native mobile apps right from the language that they know best. It’s very surprising news for those PHP developers, who until now have been shut out of the mobile app revolution because the apps for iPhone and iPad are coded in Objective-C, while apps for Google’s Android mobile operating system are built in Java.
Zend Studio 10 includes a WYSIWYG drag-and-drop mobile interface builder, integration with the Apache project’s Cordova to access native mobile APIs such as those for cameras and accelerometers, and built-in PhoneGap integration so developers can publish native app packages to the various app stores.
Zend Studio 10 Features:
- Provides visual, drag-and-drop methods for both client-side interface prototyping and RESTful web service creation
- Built-in PhoneGap and JQuery integration
- Cloud-connected mobile application creation
- Writing multi-platform mobile applications no longer requires multiple IDEs.
- Apps will run across all major mobile operating systems including iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone and others.
The new Zend Studio 10 will also allow drag-and-drop connection to various cloud services as well as the visual creation of mobile interfaces, allowing developers to manage all the components of development for complex, connected mobile apps up in one interface.