As a magento developer, many times we had requirement to display related product on product details page. Actually it’s very easy to show related product by following few easy steps. First we will have to add products to a particular product as related product.
Screen shows product added as related product
Follow the below steps to display related products.
1. Open catalog.xml, found in
2. In catalog.xml find the catalog_product_view section, around line 220. In the section, remove or comment out:
- <block type=“catalog/product_list_related” name=“catalog.product.related” before=“-” template=“catalog/product/list/related.phtml”/>
and replace with:
- <reference name=“content”>
- <block type=“catalog/product_view” name=“product.info” template=“catalog/product/view.phtml”>
- <block type=“catalog/product_list_related” name=“catalog.product.related” as=“related” template=“catalog/product/list/related.phtml”/>
3. Now in your catalog/product/view.phtml you can print out the related products using
To edit the look of that list, edit catalog/product/list/related.phtml
OR You can also try this code to display related products
If that above code doesn’t work, you might also try:
- <?php echo $this->getLayout()->getBlock(‘catalog.product.related’)->toHtml()?>
Hope it will work for you!